98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Dr. Doolittle
Sometimes I think I should spend more time teaching Harper real words instead of animal sounds. But it's just so darn cute that I can't help it.
How cute is that! This reminds me of a little girl I used to babysit years ago...she was two. One day at lunch she asked me to make the animal sounds. A dog, a horse, a cat, a cow, and so on. Then she said,"What does a wolf say?" I tried my best wolf impersonations (much like Harper's howl there) but each time she said,"No! That's not what a wolf says!" Finally I asked her what a wolf said and she replied,"I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!" Then she blew in my direction. It was pretty funny. Kids are so great! My youngest Eliana refuses to accept that rabbits are not cats, and both go meow. Such confidence...I wish I had it!
Wonderful! I LOVE the animal sounds! You go ahead and teach her all that jazz... maybe she's born to be a naturalist! ;) TOO SWEET! And she is so stinking smart too!
5 comments:
Yeah, pretty darn cute!
I have an idea - let's teach her how to say, "Bring Waddie a cosmopolitan please."
How cute is that! This reminds me of a little girl I used to babysit years ago...she was two. One day at lunch she asked me to make the animal sounds. A dog, a horse, a cat, a cow, and so on. Then she said,"What does a wolf say?" I tried my best wolf impersonations (much like Harper's howl there) but each time she said,"No! That's not what a wolf says!" Finally I asked her what a wolf said and she replied,"I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!" Then she blew in my direction. It was pretty funny.
Kids are so great! My youngest Eliana refuses to accept that rabbits are not cats, and both go meow. Such confidence...I wish I had it!
Love it!! She's so smart just like her mama.
Wonderful! I LOVE the animal sounds! You go ahead and teach her all that jazz... maybe she's born to be a naturalist! ;) TOO SWEET! And she is so stinking smart too!
Post a Comment