- What dreams do you have for your life that require God's intervention in order to come true?
- The type of dreams we have are evident in the prayers that we pray. For instance, do your prayers mainly consist of things like "Lord, help me find my keys."? While there is nothing wrong with these types of prayers, if this is the only type of thing that we are asking for, we may need to dream bigger.
- Are you praying for the big things that God has put in you to dream about?
- Are you praying for big things that honor God's bigness?
- The bigness of your dreams communicates the bigness of God to your children.
In order to purposely dream big and consciously ask God to deliver on our big dreams, Tim suggested making a list of 100 dreams/goals/aspirations you would like to accomplish in your life. To help get the creative juices flowing, he listed off different categories that your dreams could fall into.
1. Physical
2. Emotional
3. Intellectual
4. Spiritual
5. Psychological
6. Material
7. Professional
8. Financial
9. Creative
10. Adventure
11. Legacy
12. Character
Here are a few from my list. I want to go on a mission trip with my husband and my kid(s). I want to be completely debt free in 5 years. I want to publish a paper in the scientific journal Nature. I want Rob and I to design our family's house together. I want to take a cycling tour of Ireland. You get the picture.
The idea is not to make this list of dreams and put it away in a drawer and never look at it again. The point is to make this list and look at it every day and pray for the things on the list every day. Dare God to bless you with the dreams that He wove into your DNA.
The reason I am writing this post today is two fold. First, I think this is important information and I want to share it with you. Secondly, I have done a really bad job of walking this out. I started my dream list (but haven't gotten close to coming up with 100 goals) and have pretty much forgotten about it until today. So, I'm asking you for accountability. Help me remember my list. Make your own list. Let's experience the big God of the universe together.
2 comments:
Elaine! I had to tell you that I saw your comment on Ryans blog today and I am totally going to check out:
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/
Hahahaha!
I know you will accomplish your dreams...You have a great Big God! I have one big God dream right now and that is my focus in this area. I should have some other, less wild ones too, I suppose...I like your one about taking a cycling tour.
I had forgotten about that message until now. I also started to make a list but did not even get half way complete. Thanks Elaine, I think I will try to complete mine too!
Post a Comment