1. Concord Grapes - These are grapes to put all other grapes to shame. If you haven't ever tried a concord grape before, go to the store immediately and get some. Time is running out. They're only available in the fall. I admit that the fact that they have seeds is a little annoying and if you're not use to it, the texture is a little strange, but these things are a small price to pay for their awesomeness.

2. Gingersnap Cookies - Did I mention that Ginger Snapp (with 2 p's) is my bowling name?

3. Swiss Miss Vanilla Pudding - This stuff is goood. It's only available at certain grocery stores (Publix here in Nashvegas). It's so good that they seperate it from the other pudding and keep it in the cooler by the yogurt...

4. Horizon Organic DHA Milk - Before I got pregnant, I was a diehard skim milk drinker. When I got pregnant, I became much more aware of the nutritional value of the food I was consuming (obviously I still snack - see said gingersnaps and pudding). This milk tastes good and is good for you.

5. Diet Lipton Green Tea - I know that Green Tea is good for me. I also know that this particular green tea probably has the least good stuff in it of any of the green teas on the market. But, I like it and it's a start.

On a side note... My least favorite purchase last night was wheat bread. I love white bread. Rob likes wheat bread. For the better part of the three years we have been married, we have eaten white bread (mostly because I am usually the one who goes to the store and therefore has the bread veto power). Recently, we have switched back to wheat bread - honey wheat as a matter of fact (as if the honey actually makes it taste any better). We switched because Rob brought up the point that wheat bread has more nutritional value and we should try to encourage Harper to eat wheat instead of white, and what better way to encourage her, than to set a good example ourselves. Ughhh... he used the "good example" card. Low blow. It worked.
6 comments:
What a great site! Your daughter is beautiful!
I am disappointed in you, Elaine. I thought someone of your quality would detest the consistency of concord grapes as much as I. We pick them to make jelly, and the boys eat them as fast as I can cook them. But me, I think they feel like eyeballs in my mouth. NOT that I am in the habit of eating eyeballs...
Hey Melanie-you know what really feels like eating eyeballs? Chocolate covered cherries!
You know what eating eyeballs reminds me of? Chocolate-covered Concord grapes.
You know what chocolate covered concord grapes remind me of, chocolate covered cherries which remind me of eating eyeballs. Ak what am I even writing here? I need to go to bed. Melanie and Ryan are corrupting my good judgment in blog comments.
I am glad to see you blogging! but... I think you sold out by qualifying "at the grocery store last night." If you were to get rid of "last night" I think the list would change. If you were to get rid of "at the grocery store" as well, then it would be a completely different list. I would be interested to hear about that list.
BTW I love you! ;-)
Post a Comment