Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Do Blondes Really Have More Fun?

So I am thinking of changing my hair color. I've been a blonde all of my life (see below), but I think it's time for a change. Until about 4 years ago, I've been a natural blonde. And then, for some strange reason, I decided that I wanted to start chemically enhancing my (already blonde) hair. Great idea. Now, every couple weeks, I need to touch up my roots (which are apparently really pissed that I started dying my hair in the first place because they now grow in a nice shade of dark brown...). What it comes down to is that I'm tired of dying my hair but I am too vain to just let my roots grow out. In addition, I really like being a blonde. It's all I've ever known and I don't like change. So, the solution that I am currently mulling over is to dye my hair brown in an attempt to allow my roots to grow out and eventually get my hair back to it's natural color. Any thoughts? 

Me, very blonde at age 4. Can you tell how excited
 my cousins are to watch me open Christmas presents?



A picture from last month. 
Will Harper still recognize me if I dye my hair brown?



9 comments:

lauriecooper said...

I think you've answered your own question - if you enjoy being blonde - be blonde!!! It definitely is a look that works for you! Just resign yourself to the maintenance. Soon gray will be introduced into your hair color pallete and you will have to regularly maintain whatever the color. I changed my hair drastically when Caroline was about 2 - she cried.

Kelly said...

I go back and forth between light brown and a darker brown. My hair has naturally gotten darker these past years. I didn't like this, but have decided it is what I am going to stick with. Everyone likes it much better. I do still have to color it though because of the grey-I guess I don't HAVE to, but I choose to.
My kids think I am nuts. They are probably right!

rob said...

you will be loved either way...




by someone.

Erin Hull said...

I say go natural! Give it a try, it will be a fun experiment and if you don't like it, you can always go back to being blonde! Atleast you'll get a break from dying your roots and the level of toxins entering your bloodstream will be reduced if only temporarily. Levi immediately recognized his Grandpa with his face painted like a mime, and when I came home with chin length hair he just gave me weird look and then smiled really big as if to say "I wondered when you were going to get tired of me using your hair as a climbing rope". AND for the record, NO. Blondes do NOT have more fun. :)

Erin Hull said...

Oh, by the way, the above comment is from Erin Hull.

Unknown said...

I hear green is the new blonde

Sonja Chandler (The Sideline Mom) said...

You look like a sunny blonde. My little sister has your same coloring and one time she went brown for about a year. She looked good but she really looked better as a blond. When she went back to blond it was if our real Jenni had returned.
But I say go for it, you'll never know unless you try. You can always go back.

Corey H said...

What about low lights? Not skunky ones, but something that would make you feel like you'd made a change and allow you to let the roots grow out a little more... I color my hair because it's turning white.

But for the record, for whatever the record matters, I think you're a dandy blonde.

DanThoms said...

I think you should go back in time and tell yourself not to start dying your hair. That would solve everything.