Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Florida, Here We Come!

We made it! 10 hours of driving (plus a one hour time change) later, Rob, Harper, the cat, and I arrived at my parents' house to celebrate Thanksgiving. Despite the fact that 1. I almost left the house without any underware, socks, or bras and 2. the cat got car sick and puked on Rob's sandle-clad foot while he was driving, we had an uneventful trip. Rob drove the entire way which allowed me to sit in the back seat and entertain Harper. Now I can't say that I would recomend traveling long distances by car with a 9 month old baby, but I have to admit that it was easier than I expected (which is probably because I have the best baby in the whole world). She was fussy for about 30 seconds total and then she just played, ate, and slept the rest of the time. So awesome. The best part was that Rob and I got a nice chunk of uninterrupted time to talk and plan some exciting things that will hopefully come to fruition in the near future (stay tuned...). I'll do my best to keep you updated on our Turkey Day Week adventures. Until then, I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday too.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like fun! I hope you have a great time. I am a firm believer in starting kids on long car trips early on. I did and my kids love going anywhere by car. At least she is still in diapers. It gets really interesting once they are potty trained! Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

The highlight of this is the cat puking on Rob's foot. I can see his reaction right now.

Allison said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!! I think I did forget :) ...that comment made me laugh out loud.