One of my favorite things about Florida is the foliage. It's one of my mom's favorite things too - and boy does she have a green thumb. Every time I visit, she takes me on
the tour, which consists of the two of us walking around the outside of the house and the lanai (Floridian word for patio) while she updates me on the status of all of her plants. She gets a lot of enjoyment out of tending to them and I love hearing her tell me about them. Here is a mini-tour of the fruits of her labor.
Let's start on the lanai...
Christmas cactus that she started as a 4-inch sprig last year.

Succulents and Cacti

Moving outside...
here is her flap jack cactus (left) and her snake plant (right).

Hibiscus trees - single...

and double blossoms.

Alligator Fern

Bouganvilla

7-foot tall Agave

Year-round blooming snapdragons

Ahhh... I miss Florida already.
2 comments:
I have a Christmas Cactus!!!
And now I know what it's called. I always knew it was some sort of cactus, but did not know the name. It sat on our deck until it got cold, and when I brought it in, those nice purple flowers popped out.
Wow! Your mom is GOOD. They're pretty pictures, too.
Post a Comment