98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Finger Foods - Take 1
Since Harper arrived on the scene, I have noticed just how many little things I take for granted - like the ability to eat solid foods for instance. We are just staring to introduce Harper to finger foods. Last night, I gave her some Puffs to try. I thought that they were Sweet Potato flavor, but judging by her reaction, I guess they were Rat Poison flavor instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's cute. I thought the same thing when I gave my kids finger foods for the first time. Them someone told me it probably is not the flavor but the texture. It is completely different than the foods she has been eating which are smooth and soft and basically go down her throat without much effort. She'll get it soon enough.
Yes, Rat Poison flavor is an acquired taste.
Sweet potato puffs are delicious (and expensive!)
Isn't it funny when they first experience the Puff sensation? Levi did the same thing, now he loves them.
Sweet Potato Puffs are my favorite! Did you give them a taste?
Post a Comment