Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Love Christmas!

In the last few days, I've started indulging in some of my favorite things about the holiday season. 

1. Charlie Brown's Christmas album is currently looping on my ipod. 

2. I have started my Christmas diet which entails consuming of large amounts of Christmas Trees and egg nog. 

These things are perfectly designed. 
You just can't beat the crushed sprinkles and filmy aftertaste. 


Egg nog is the nectar of the gods. If I could rig up an intravenous drip of the stuff, I would. But then again, I probably wouldn't be able to taste it if I did that, so nevermind. 

3. The Christmas TV specials - need I say more? Charlie Brown, Rudolph, The Grinch, etc. Harper and I will watch them all (Yes, I am beginning the indoctrination early). 



What are some of your favorite things about Christmas?

6 comments:

Corey H said...

OK, I am obsessed with Christmas, too. Here is a confession, though: I've never had egg nog because... well, my grandma used to make it all the time and I thought it was a gross "old people drink" and it always looked so thick and snotty... what does it taste like? Does it really have raw eggs in it?

Anonymous said...

I didn't want to leave a comment, because then I would have to stop listening to your blog. Great stuff!!! You can't forget "A Christmas Story." Harper can have her Red Rider BB Gun as soon as she can work the action!

cinciann said...

Christmas TREES! I have 10 this year!!!!

Kelly said...

My favorite Christmas movie is A Miracle on 34th Street. Well, taht and It's A Wonderful Life. I love our family traditions and the new ones we are making with our kids.

Reverb said...

Christmas tree cakes are a cruel mistress. I've flirted with her...I've even more than flirted. It always ends with me longing for more...her red-stripped, sparkly green dress. That oh so sweet...

Nevermind.

Sonja Chandler (The Sideline Mom) said...

I absolutely adore Little Debbie Christmas Tree sback cakes. There once was a time when I could devour an entire box in one sitting on a regular basis. Ihose days are over I'm sad to say, but I've got the memory right? I still eat one (or 3) every now and then. And I do love all of the regular Christmas shows this time of year. They are simply the best. Can't be reproduced. Although Elf (the movie) is a new favorite, soon to be a forever classic I'm sure.

Happy Egg Nog consumming! ;)