
* Tangent Alert * The first time I got pulled over, I was 16 and had been in possession of my drivers license for about 30 seconds. I knew that if I got a ticket, my parents would revoke my driving privileges. So... as the officer was explaining my ticket to me, I interrupted him and asked if he could write his home phone number on the ticket (he was young and cute). He started laughing and ripped up the ticket. But he warned me that my tactics probably wouldn't work in his district anymore because he was going to tell all of his buddies on the force about the little 16-year-old girl that just hit on him. * Tangent Over *

Yesterday, when the officer asked me why I was in such a hurry (after referring to me as sir, twice), I just said that I was anxious to get to church (not a lie or an excuse - I really was). He gave me the ticket and explained to me that I could either pay the fine or complete an on-line version of traffic school. Ummm...it's a tough choice, but I think I'll take the traffic school.
So, there it is. I get speeding tickets. What's your thing? Come on. Confess it. You'll feel better.
9 comments:
I have the same affliction - speeding that is, except I never try to get out of tickets - but I love that you once did (hilarious story, and one I had never heard)
I speed too. But only when I want to get somewhere faster.
I don't know what has happened, but I don't get tickets anymore. It could be because I'm the judge's son-in-law...but I doubt it. The Lord is with me.
My other thing is that I'm obsessive compulsive slob. Things being out of order drive me insane...almost to the point of organizing them. Almost.
Do I only get to have one "thing"?
No Laurie. Divulge them all!
is your blog "snowing?"
Why yes it is snowing!
Ryan just said that the Lord is not with you, Elaine.
I get tickets too, I usually get pulled over 2x a year and get a bonafide ticket once a year. I'm getting old and I'm starting to slip on that quota.
Reverb, my Cousin Susan Winkler once confessed to me that she had been pulled over for speeding over 24 times and never been given a ticket. When they realized she was "that" Winkler they would let her off. Susan was sure that her dad would have made her take her lumps though if he had found out about them though.
I have two tickets from Metro's Finest to deal and I wasn't even speeding. (going to court).
Sabine Schmitz of Germany shares your love of the open road on the Nurburgring Ring.....In a Van passing motorcycles as she goes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snKml_XtlOI
Post a Comment