Saturday, January 3, 2009

Last Post About The New Year, I Promise

I'm sure everybody is sick of posts about New Years Resolutions/New Year's Eve/2009 etc. Frankly, I am too. But I read a great post by my friend Ann and I want to share her ideas with you. Basically, she and some friends came up with titles for 2008 and did some pre-titling for 2009. 

For me, 2008 was all about "Undeserved Blessings" - the biggest one being my daughter, but I was also blessed with a great new job, a wonderful new community, a consistent old community, a loving family, I could go on...

As I think about what I want 2009 to be about, the phrase "Seized Opportunities" comes to mind. I want to recognize and capitalize on spiritual, professional, and relational opportunities much more in the coming year. I want to stop being a thinker and start being a doer. 

How would you sum up 2008 and what is your pre-title for 2009?


3 comments:

lauriecooper said...

"doing somthing with what I've got"

cinciann said...

Hi Elaine! Thanks for linking to my post! That's a first for me! ;-) I loved your 2008 and 2009 titles, by the way! Can't wait to read about your 2009!

Unknown said...

Hey Elaine! As usual, awesome blog! Well, my 2008 title would be “Time for patience” and my pre-title for 2009 is “Time for Growth”. LP