98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
29
Today I am celebrating my 29th birthday. I'm sure there will be many more 29th birthdays in my future, but today is the first. Actually, I don't really have a hang up about getting older. Most of the time, I still feel like I'm about 23. Although, it surprised me how quickly and emphatically I corrected my friend when she told a few people that I was turning 30. Hmmm...maybe I do have a hang up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yeah, I am celebrating number 29 also. Only it's for the 13th time!
Yikes, I think I just got a hang up about getting older!
Happy Burstday!! I can't wait to see you guys and it's going to be fun to celebrate with you this weekend!
Happy Birthday!! Soon your little baby is going to be 1...that will make you start to feel older:)
Happy Birthday. I'm 27 and still feel like I'm 22.
Post a Comment