
Yesterday, Harper started daycare. All things considered, her first day went pretty well. I stayed with her for about 45 mins in the morning and helped her get settled in. She liked exploring her new environment and was excited to see the other little kids. When I left, she cried. So did I. The rest of her day went better - she ate, played, napped. This morning was day 2. She was more cautious today when we went into her room. She held onto my pant leg while I hung up her coat and put her food away. I only stayed for about 15 mins. When I left, she cried. So did I.
I know that this whole daycare thing is just going to take a little time to get used to. I know that Harper is in a good place with people who will take good care of her. I know that she has friends who care about her and check up on her throughout the day. I know that once she gets over this first hurdle, she is going to love it and thrive on all of the new interactions and experiences. I know, I know, I know. But I'm still her mom and it still hurts my heart to see that she is unhappy - even if it is only momentary.
4 comments:
It is really hard. There is a great book talking about this exact struggle. It is called maternal desire (like you have time to read). It will be OK, and eventually Harper will love it and you will be sad all over again when she runs away from you at school to play with her new, exciting buddies.
yeah to what Heather said
We know!!! And we are all here for you and Rob and praying that you both will receive some small amount of peace while Harper is not with you.
I love having her here, but your words bring back all those "Mommy" feelings and I get a little teary with you!
ooohhhh - that is a big hug to you
Post a Comment