Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Alligators and Life Groups

Well, I feel our trip to Florida is now official. This morning, we did and saw things that made our trip complete. Here's the rundown:
  • My mom, Harper, and I had breakfast at our favorite oceanfront restaurant (the one that we have literally been going to for almost 30 years) - the food is nothing to write home about but the view is another story. 

  • On the way to the restaurant, we saw not one, but two alligators sunning themselves on the banks of the little retaining ponds that they have along the sides of the roads down here. 
  • When we got back from breakfast, my parents' neighbor brought over a baby ring neck snake he found in his yard. I am not a snake person, but I held it (had to be brave in front of the kiddo). It was about 6 inches long and very cool. 

In a few hours, we will be flying back to Nashvegas. All in all, we had a great trip. But it's always nice to sleep in your own bed again.

Tonight, like every Wednesday night, is my life group. I usually refer to this group of ladies as my Bible study, but from now on, I'm calling them my life group. While it's true that we do study the Bible together, I want our group to be more than just that. I want to dig deep and really get to know these ladies. I want to build relationships with them that go beyond a casual friendship. I want to do life with them - hence the life group title. Tonight, we will be doing a check-in. We don't have anything official planned. We are just going to check-in with one another to see what God is doing in our personal lives - what He's teaching us, what He's saying to us. I'm really looking forward to it. I feel like God has been talking my ear off lately and I can't wait to share with my friends tonight. I'd like to tell you a couple things now, but some of the people in my life group read this blog so I don't want to ruin the punch line for them. But, God has given me a lot of food for thought. So I'm sure that I'll be processing it on here in the coming days. Stay tuned. What is God doing in your life right now?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds (and looks) like you have a had great vacation. I love that little place on the beach-I want to own something just like that when I grow up!!
Life groups are the best. I belong to 3 and they are all so different, yet each one grows me in a way none other could. What is God doing in my life right now? It's a interesting day to task that question. He is showing me it's all about Him and growing His kingdom. It's not about me, or my brother and our differing viewpoints on life, it's all about HIM! Safe travels home!

Unknown said...

YAY for God talking your ear off and YAY for having friends who want to hear about it!

-Erin Hull, even though it will post it as Nathan. I'm just too lazy to change it and re-type. Although with all that typing I just did, I could've re-typed it twice. :(

lauriecooper said...

Thanks Elaine - tonight was great. I'm praying for you. Wads