Friday, May 22, 2009

Hug First, Ask Questions Later

Yesterday, a blog I read asked the question "What are your kids teaching you?". That's an easy one for me. Harper is teaching me to hug first and ask questions later. 


She's a pretty smart kid. But just when I start to believe that she might already be smarter than I am, she does something to remind me that I'm still on top. For instance, this morning while I was giving her a bath, in the blink of an eye, she grabbed the bar of soap and took a big bite of it. It was caked all over her teeth. She didn't care one bit. And that, my friends, is why I am still smarter than my 15 month old daughter ... for now. 


What are your kids teaching you?



2 comments:

Kelly said...

My kids teach me something everyday. And they are at the age where they are smarter than mom and dad-at least that is what they think!
The soap-that's just gross!!! Love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Just this morning I learned...

That my hopes and dreams for my kids are not the same as their hopes and dreams, but they love knowing that I have hopes and dreams for them.