98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Earning Her Keep
Rob has to shine his police boots every day for the academy. Harper likes to help.
I had totally forgotten until I saw this: When Jon used to come home from the steel factory, the boys would help him pull his boots off. (He tried to get me to help a few times, but, hello, two pairs of socks and steel toe boots in a hot factory - STINKY!) But to the boys, it was great and they would pull and pull and pull until they got that big, stinky boot off. I'm glad you got this on video. You will treasure it.
3 comments:
Awww! What a good helper!
I had totally forgotten until I saw this: When Jon used to come home from the steel factory, the boys would help him pull his boots off. (He tried to get me to help a few times, but, hello, two pairs of socks and steel toe boots in a hot factory - STINKY!) But to the boys, it was great and they would pull and pull and pull until they got that big, stinky boot off.
I'm glad you got this on video. You will treasure it.
I remember likes of boot shining when my husband was in the police academy. He didn't have such a good help though. :)
Post a Comment