We moved from Cincinnati to Nashville almost a year ago. We still own our house in Cincinnati. It's been on the market for over a year now and hasn't sold yet. That kind of sucks. We are currently living in a rather nice apartment in Nashville. Our lease is going to be up soon and we need to decide whether we want to sign another one (which of course, then rent has significantly gone up) or find somewhere else to live.
While we are certainly not hurting as much as some families, our own personal housing crisis has definitely effected me. This whole house situation has kept me up more nights that I would like to admit to. When we first put our old house on the market, I was sure that God knew what our time frame was and would make sure it sold in time for our move. I mean, God loves me, right? He knows what I need, right? It was Him that facilitated our move to Nashville in the first place, right? I was sure He'd come through. Our moving date came and went and the house didn't sell. And here we are, a year later, and the house still hasn't sold. The house that I love and that I would pick up and move to Nashville if it was physically possible.
I've been through several emotional phases over the last year regarding this situation. First there was hope. Then disappointment. Then stress. Then I tried to ignore the whole situation. Then stress. Then hope. Then more disappointment and stress. My prayer life also went through phases. At first, I was praying regularly to God asking Him to let our house sell quickly. Then I pleaded with Him. Then I stopped talking to Him about it. Then I would mention it every once in awhile. Now, I'm in the occasional pleading phase but mostly trying to ignore it.
I'm smart enough to realize that my timeline is not God's timeline and that He is probably using this situation to teach me about His provision. Blah, blah, blah. My head knows these things, but they haven't downloaded to my heart yet. Ideally, I would love to sell our house in Cincinnati so that we can buy one here in Nashville and put down some roots. But, I don't know what God wants. I'm trying to ask and listen. Your prayers would be appreciated.
4 comments:
on it
I have been thinking about your house in Cinni all week! Isn't that crazy!! Not that I am shallow, but I don't normally think about others housing issues.
Will continue to pray.
Is your home here in Cincy vacant or do you rent it out? If you don't have it rented, have you considered it? I have no idea where your house is, but have a friend from VWS that is looking to rent a house in the Oakhills School District.
Either way, I'll keep it in my prayers. I have 2 brothers in the real estate business and they have told the market is turning around.
I'll pray...housing issues are a big deal!
Post a Comment