98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
My friend mentioned this clip the other day and it piqued my interest. So, I looked it up on YouTube. Penn makes some interesting points. What do you think?
Thanks for posting this, Elaine. I love it that Penn is so honestly atheist, but he is still impacted by this Believer. And isn't this how it should be? I wonder how Penn might change should he see more and more people not only SINGING good news, but also BEING good news.
You know, CS Lewis was at one time an atheist. That is until he could no longer ignore the good news being lived-out by those around him.
This is interesting because I heard this story on either K-Love or Air One Radio and they said that Penn had been converted. It's also interesting that the atheists that I have heard talk generally don't believe in God because a lot of terrible things have been done in the name of religion. Maybe once believers understand that God and religion aren't the same thing, then maybe non-believers will too. It's also a good reminder that we shouldn't be afraid of sharing the good news and we shouldn't be offended if its not initally accepted by those we share it with. We need to just keep praying for them and loving them because we know love wins in the end. You should post this video on your facebook page!
2 comments:
Thanks for posting this, Elaine. I love it that Penn is so honestly atheist, but he is still impacted by this Believer. And isn't this how it should be? I wonder how Penn might change should he see more and more people not only SINGING good news, but also BEING good news.
You know, CS Lewis was at one time an atheist. That is until he could no longer ignore the good news being lived-out by those around him.
That's how it happens, me thinks!
This is interesting because I heard this story on either K-Love or Air One Radio and they said that Penn had been converted. It's also interesting that the atheists that I have heard talk generally don't believe in God because a lot of terrible things have been done in the name of religion. Maybe once believers understand that God and religion aren't the same thing, then maybe non-believers will too. It's also a good reminder that we shouldn't be afraid of sharing the good news and we shouldn't be offended if its not initally accepted by those we share it with. We need to just keep praying for them and loving them because we know love wins in the end. You should post this video on your facebook page!
Post a Comment