98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Off The Grid
We are headed up to Northeastern Ohio this morning. Going to spend a long weekend with my family. Harper has a nasty cold and was up half the night, so the flight should be fun... Anyway, I'm not taking my laptop and I'll have limited internet access. So, I may disappear for a few days. But, I promise to take lots of pictures and tell you all about our trip when we get back. Talk to you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have fun!
Post a Comment