98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Am I the Only One Who Thinks Like This?
I was listening to NPR this morning and they were doing a story about Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor. It was a great piece. You can listen to it here. As I was listening, I kept thinking, man, she really made something of her life. I wish I could have done more with my life. And then it struck me that I was talking to myself like my life was already over and I had missed my chance. The reality is that I can do something great with my life (and I've done a couple pretty good things already). I just have to recognize opportunities and capitalize on them. I don't know why my first instinct is to think that I'm not special enough to do something great. Can anybody relate?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can so relate! Has to tbe the enemy telling us we can't do anything great. I heard something awesome the other night at group. We were watching a prophecy dvd by Kris Valloton and he said "Every time you demean yourself you defeat the power of the cross". I need to keep telling myself that.
Post a Comment