
Ok. Finally getting around to the post for today. I spent the morning having my brain fried by some tricky statistical analyses at work. Hate it when that happens. Anyway, today I would like to put forth the notion that cable TV makes you a better person. While this idea may seem a little counter intuitive, I assure you that it's correct. Because Rob has to get up at an ungodly hour and Harper is, well, a baby, the two of them are usually in bed by 8:30 or 9 at the latest. This means that after they go to bed, I get to watch what ever I want on TV - no Disney Channel, no cop shows. Now while I will agree that there is a lot of stupid stuff on cable TV (some of which I thoroughly enjoy), there are also some really good, enlightening, character building shows too. Here are a two of my recent favorites with links so you can watch them.
- MTVs 16 and Pregnant Catelynn episode - This is probably the best thing I've seen on TV in a long time. These kids blow my mind with their wisdom and strength.
- 30 Days Minimum Wage episode - I love this series. Every episode tackles a difficult issue and is very thought provoking. To watch this clip, you have to have a hulu account (it's free).
What have you seen on TV lately that really made you think?
4 comments:
Oh my Gosh! This show is killing me! I'm watching it right now and I'm crying my eyes out!
I prefer my TV to not make me think. On cable I like Monk, Psych, Burn Notice and The Closer. I like Intervention too. I guess that makes me think. I like The Office on regular TV. That's pretty much it -- Oh, and Regis & Kelly! I'll check out 16 and Pregnant on your recommendation and get back to you!
saw the catelynn episode last week...balled my eyes out...and the bracelet...could not contain myself. amazing, at 17, without the support of thier families, to be that aware and make those decisions.
I know. I totally balled my eyes out too!
Post a Comment