Friday, July 24, 2009

Melted and Busted

So, last night I started the dishwasher and about 30 minutes later I smelled burning plastic. Never good. When I opened the dishwasher to investigate, I found this.

It's a piece from one of Harper's bottles. It fell down to the bottom of the dishwasher and landed on the heating element that heats everything up during the drying cycle. Oh well. Good thing Harper doesn't use bottles anymore. Kind of.

I am in the process of uploading all of my old videos to Vimeo (It's way better than youtube. You should check it out.) While it's taking a long time to upload everything, I am having so much fun watching all of the old videos I took when Harper was little. Here's one of my absolute favorites. Basically, I found that I could get Harper to instantly stop crying if I just sang the theme from Ghostbusters. It seriously worked every time. I blogged about it here if you want to revisit the original post.


4 comments:

Francy said...

My kids think that you should put that video on America's Funniest Home Videos! Btw, I used to heat dry the dishes in the dishwasher. Then I switched to air dry and our electic bill went down noticably. Of course I have to towel dry all the dishes now before I put them away.

Elaine said...

Good tip, Fran. Thanks. I probably won't even need to towel dry them because we let them sit in the dishwasher so long before we put them away...

Corey H said...

I love that video. Here is my question, though: how many possible ideas did you go through to stop the crying? It seems like one would have to make a really long series of incredibly random attempts before finding something that works for each specific child. I am just not sure that I am creative enough to go beyond a paci and peek a boo in this situation. What happens if someone doesn't/can't find their child's holy grail of happiness?

puddlegirl said...

I love that video! and I can't wait to see the other ones!