Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Go Fish


Today I want to tell you about something that has significantly contributed to my sanity over the last few months. Harper and I listen to this cd just about every time we get in the car. It's wonderful. You can listen to audio clips at the bottom of this page. Harper literally cheers and claps her hands as soon as the music starts. It's by a group called Go Fish. Their motto is "Great music for kids that won't drive parents bonkers!" Mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned. In fact on some mornings, after I drop Harper off at baby school, it takes me until I get to my parking garage at work to realize that I haven't turned NPR on and Go Fish is still playing. To all of my friends with little kids, I would highly recommend getting this album. It has made our car rides infinitely more enjoyable.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

So much better than the Barney cds we used to listed to. One time I dropped the kids off at moms and was sitting at a red light when I realized I was singing along to a Barney song. It's amazing what we get accustomed to once we have children!

Elaine said...

Kelly - I know. Sometimes at work I catch myself humming the ABC's.

puddlegirl said...

I don't know I think I prefer Ralph's World.

puddlegirl said...

The Barenaked Ladies have a children's album. I forget what the name of it is, but Harrison likes some of the songs and they are clever. And I don't think the songs are too bad I was just teasing.... kind of.

Elaine said...

Andrea - I know what you mean. But, as far as kid music goes, this stuff is pretty good. And I appreciate that the guys in the band are vocally talented too.

DanThoms said...

I'll stick to NPR myself.