Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Her Father's Daughter


Last night Harper and I were playing on the floor in the living room. I grabbed her box of toys that we keep downstairs and she was having fun pulling everything out of it. The usual toys were there - a baby doll, some dinosaurs, a ball, etc. Then she pulled something unexpected out of the box. A Pair Of My Underwear. That's right. It was in her toy box. She proceeded to say "Hat" and put it on her head. I'm not going to go into how she learned that trick (Rob). I'm guessing that she swiped the underwear and stashed it in her toy box when we were folding laundry in the living room over the weekend. If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times... This kid cannot be trusted.


3 comments:

lauriecooper said...

As long as Rob only wears it on his head - everything is okay.

Kelly said...

Haha!!! So cute.

Unknown said...

My son is 39 now but when he was about 3 or 4, his dad and I had just separated and I was moving into a less than wonderful apartment.

I was busy stuffing what was left of our lives into this teeny tiny apartment when I looked out the picture window.

It was winter and it had done one of those rare events for Arizona - it had rained a whole lot.

He was outside playing with a hot water bottle that could also work as an instrument to facilitate feminine cleansing. (Hint for the very young: Usual preferred ingredients are vinegar and water.) He was very, very patiently playing in a huge mud puddle, running water in and out watching the slush run through the long hose. Darn, no camera.

I momentarily wondered what the neighbors would think but I was busy and he was quiet so.....