Thursday, November 12, 2009

Name Game

I took this video this morning as we were filling the car up with gas. Here's the background: I have been trying to get Harper to say her name. Her real name. Not her nickname (Deets). Why does she think her name is Deets you may be wondering. Well, read this. For the past few months, every time we asked her what her name is, she said Deets. But now, I am happy (and relieved) to report that she can say her real name. Granted, the pronunciation (and the spitting) will take some more work (Harper is a tough name for a little kid to say), but she is on the right track. A couple other things I would like to point out... yes, my kid is already a hypochondriac. She has lots of imaginary booboos on her hands and she does like to hold the hand sanitizer in the car. We'll work on that.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's okay. My brother went off to Kindergarten thinking his name was Murphy. It is Ian. It was a very confusing first day of school for him. He came home with a note pinned to his shirt asking my parents to confirm with "Murphy" what his real name is.

Francy said...

When My youngest daughter Jessica was born, we called her Jessibug, which turned it to Bug and Buggy, which turned into Bugaboo. I just now realized that I don't really ever call her that anymore. :( She's just Jessie now!

lauriecooper said...

I have two words for you. Carol- LISCIOUS! Yep - that's what my daughter's name is.