
I just started reading a book called
The Power of a Praying Parent. My church started up a life group for new moms and this is the first book that we're all reading. I'm only on the first chapter, but it is already speaking to me. As I read it, I'm going to try to post some of the ideas that really hit home for me. So here goes:
- It's never too early or too late to start praying for your kids.
- If we are praying, something is happening whether we can see it or not. James 5:16 says the effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
- Including Scripture in your prayers is a very powerful thing. It seems like a no-brainer, but I don't do this very often. The author promises to give us lots of good verses to use for many different types of prayers. I'm going to try hard to start doing this.
- The book suggests making an extensive and personalized prayer list for each child. The author said that she made a list for each of her kids at the beginning of the year and saved all of the previous lists so that she could look back on them and see how God faithfully answered her prayers. Great idea. I'm totally going to do this.
- Ask God to show you how to pray for your child. Another great idea. While I think I may know what Harper needs, God definitely does and He wants to tell me.
Like I said, I'm only on the first chapter, but already I have some great things to think about. I would encourage all of you that have kids or are thinking about having kids to get this book. We can read it together. It will be fun!
2 comments:
"Ask God to show you how to pray for your child." That's a good one! I prayed that as soon as I read it.
So beautiful! I'll have to check that out...I need guidance. :)
Post a Comment