Well, it's been an exciting couple of days. Actually, it hasn't been exciting at all. In fact, Harper and I have been pretty much glued to the couch since Sunday afternoon. She's sick. She's had a fever since Sunday and it hasn't broken yet. I took her to the pediatrician yesterday. She had a flu test that came back negative (thank goodness because she has had both the seasonal flu and H1N1 vaccines). Her ears aren't infected and she doesn't have strep. All of these are good things, but it doesn't explain what she has. Her doctor said that it is a flu-like virus. I can understand that diagnosis, but as a mom that just wants her kid to feel better, that's not very helpful. I continue to give her Tylenol, but it's not making that much of a difference. She really hasn't eaten much, but she is drinking juice. Not fun.

But, I will tell you about something cool that happened this morning. We are currently renting our house in Nashville (because we STILL haven't sold our house in Cincinnati.) The rental company that we are working with sends out an inspector 4 times a year to make sure that we are taking good care of the property. Our first inspection was this morning. Harper and I had spent most of the night on the couch, so I'm sure we were a fine sight for Roy, the inspector, when we answered the door at 8am. I explained to him that Harper wasn't feeling well. He said that he hoped she would feel better and continued his inspection. After he was done, he turned to Rob and said, would you mind if I prayed with you and your family? Of course Rob said yes and we all went in the living room and Roy prayed that Harper would be healed. It was beautiful. In fact, he specifically prayed that her fever would break (I hadn't told him anything specific about her symptoms). I was blown away that a complete stranger would be so bold to pray for my little girl. I know that prayer works and I am thankful that Roy came to our house this morning. All day I have been thinking that I need to be more like Roy and step out in faith when an opportunity to pray presents itself. I know that God hates that Harper is sick. But, even in her sickness, He was glorified.
4 comments:
That is so awesome! I want to be like Roy too.
This made me cry. What a wonderful servant Roy is! I'm praying for him now.
I just got Holy Spirit bumps as we call them!! That is an awesome story!!!
terrific story. thanks for sharing that! To have that faith and not be afraid of rejection. He is my hero for the day! Roy Rocks!
Post a Comment