98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
The Fantastic Mr. Fox
I took Harper to her first movie on Sunday. We went with some friends to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox. It was great! Harper did really well (except for the part where her diaper leaked a little and she peed on my leg - but that really wasn't her fault). She sat on my lap for most of the time. She also tried out the seat next to me. However, she wasn't heavy enough to keep the seat from folding up on her, so I had to hold it down. You should check this movie out if you haven't seen it yet. I thought it was very clever and extremely well made. There are lots of famous people who lend their voices to this movie. It was fun trying to figure out who everyone was. The soundtrack was also pretty cool. Here's a trailer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun! I remember those days when the kids weren't heavy enough to hold the seats down, unfortunately it doesn't last long :(
Joseph loved it; Ben, not so much -as you know. :) I enjoyed it and thought it was very clever as well.
See you all soon!
I was thinking the same thing Kelly! Jessie is just recently able to weigh her own seat down.
Post a Comment