Thursday, January 21, 2010

Conjoined Banana Twins


Last night Harper and I wanted a snack. So, I decided to cut up a banana. On the outside, this banana looked like all the other bananas except that maybe it was a little bigger. But, when I cut into it, I realized that we had something special! It was a conjoined twin banana - 2 bananas that were fused together! I knew it was a conjoined twin because it had 2 seed clusters (I have no idea if that's what you call them, but it works). I took a picture to show you!


I went online and found that twin bananas are fairly common. Here are some more pronounced examples.


Pretty cool! I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for more conjoined fruit and vegetables. I know. I have such an exciting life. You're jealous, aren't you?


4 comments:

melanie said...

We used to grow carrots before we moved to Deertown, Hidden Valley. We grew lots of mutant species, totally unintentionally, and it was very cool. I notice those things too, like on the crackers at Gold Star. I always get excited when I get twin or triplet crackers. No banana twins though. I am jealous.

Anonymous said...

Ya learn something new every day!! Cool!

Christina said...

That's really pretty cool, and funny. You are most observant. :)

Anonymous said...

lol this morning I got a twin banana and my sister got a triple banana at lunch time!! We must have got a deformed but awesome batch :3