Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Following Directions

Recently, I realized that I drink very little liquid of any kind throughout the day. I usually have a Coke first thing in the morning, but other than that, not so much. So, I bought a new water bottle in the hopes that it would inspire me to drink more water throughout the day. This is the kind I got. I like it. It's BPA free and it doesn't leak and it's pretty (and it was on sale big time at Target).


This morning, I decided to fill my water bottle up with Coke Zero instead of water. The directions that came with the water bottle said not to do this (yes, I read the directions for a water bottle). They said that because the bottle seals, if you put pop (or soda for those of you who don't speak Yankee) in it, pressure could build up and bad things could happen. I chose not to listen to the directions and did it anyway. The directions were correct.


3 comments:

Kelly said...

That stinks!

Francy said...

Haha! Why bother reading the directions if you're not going to follow them?! Tsk, tsk.

Christina said...

Oh dear. I hate it when I follow the directions and things don't work out. I also hate it when I don't follow directions and things don't work out. haha :) That is a great water bottle. We had one for each big kid, for the reasons that you stated, and have managed to lose, come across again, and lose Christian's. I'm sad about that. But, the first time we lost it and found it is kind of crazy, so maybe it will show up again.
My word to type in is "alice"-I think that's funny. Why?