98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Hot Pockets
Earlier this week, I made the horrible decision to eat Hot Pockets for lunch. Never again will I repeat this mistake. However, the silver lining was that my friend reminded me of this hilarious bit that Jim Gaffigan does about Hot Pockets.
I bought a case of Hot Pockets in college at Sam's Club in an attempt to get the most out of my $25 membership fee. I pretty much turned me off all processed foods. (except hot dogs and brats). Now the only prepackages foods I can stand are Organic stuff like Amy's and Tombstone pizzas.
3 comments:
I love Jim Gaffigan!
I always sing the song when I walk past them in the store. And my husband hangs his head in shame.
I bought a case of Hot Pockets in college at Sam's Club
in an attempt to get the most out of my $25 membership fee. I pretty much turned me off all processed foods. (except hot dogs and brats). Now the only prepackages foods I can stand are Organic stuff like Amy's and Tombstone pizzas.
Post a Comment