A couple thoughts for today:
Secondly, I heard this song on Sunday and it's been in my head ever since.
I've heard it many times before, but this time, it really pierced my heart. Here are the lyrics to the chorus:
Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to eternity
I have always had a thing for music. In middle and high school, I would sit in my room for hours reading through the song lyrics and liner notes of all of my cds. I never quite understood why I was so obsessive about music. I figured that it was because I started playing music at a young age and I had just grown into a music snob of sorts. But over the last few years, I've started listening to more worship music and it has become clear to me that God uses music to get through to me. He can tell me things over and over again, but when I hear it in a song, for some reason, I just receive it better. It gets downloaded directly to my heart. So, now I know why I've always been obsessive about music. I was made to. It's how I'm wired. Can any of you relate?
4 comments:
Yep, sure can! Music has transformed my prayer life, too.
-Erin Hull
The line in this song that says, "Show me how to love like you have loved me" has been most compelling to me. It compells me to 1) acknowledge God's unbounding and unconditional love for me and 2) love others as they are. Heavy.
Totally relate to you on the worship song thing. I too am obsessive about music, which is causing us some difficulty in finding a church...
Check out the new Brian Johnson cd "Love Came Down". It's pretty much all mellow, which is good for soaking. There's some great cello on the record too.
Love the blog. Keep it up. :)
Thanks Jenny! I've heard that the Brian Johnson cd is good. I need to check it out. I still love the Anthony Skinner cd that you burned for me!
Post a Comment