Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Emergency

38 of the 41 counties in Middle Tennessee canceled school today. This is a picture of my back yard taken at approximately 7am this morning.


Yep. It's definitely a white out. Maybe tomorrow, my university will close and Harper and I can do some sled riding. Good thing we stocked up on bread and milk this weekend. Who knows when/if we will be able to get to the store again.


7 comments:

Katie said...

if you become a teacher, you too can enjoy this ridiculous feature of Nashvegas!

And, the word verification below is: "uhotomi" Translation: "You hot! Oh My!

Francy said...

So Nashville panics worse than Cincy? Thanks for the info! So now when people say, "Only in Cincinnati..." I can say, "Nashville too."

Natasha said...

This made me laugh. I'm in Toronto. Our snow emergencies involve gusty (and I mean really gusty! Like you'll fly away gusty!) winds and enough snow that you can't see outside your front door!

Kelly said...

Oh yeah, Cincinnati and Nashville, how we love our snow days! The people up north just laugh at us!

Elaine said...

Being from Northeastern Ohio, I grew up with a lot of lake effect snow from Lake Erie. So, I kind of think that all of the white death hype is a little ridiculous. But, I will say that the roads were icy on my way home tonight.

lauriecooper said...

Okay - have to post it:

Elaine, you know what Southerners call Northerners, right? Yankees.

But do you know what Southerners call people from the north who come south but don't go back??????

DAMN Yankees.

Oh and my word verification:
"segga"
Translation:
"SouthEastGirls(are)Great&All"

Elaine said...

Ouch, Waddie! You do realize that if we leave, Harper is coming with us.