98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Are We Listening To The Same Song?
I watch American Idol and I'm not afraid to admit it. Overall, this season is pretty good. My favorite is a girl named Didi Benami. I think she's great. The judges, on the other hand, beat her up every week. I couldn't have disagreed more with them last night. They said her pitch was off, she picked a bad song, and her performance felt artificial. I couldn't believe it! I thought it was a great performance. What do you think? I know I'm not an expert, but I do think that I have a little bit of discernment when it comes to music. Am I totally off base?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I like her... No one ever likes my favs and I never like the winners of American Idol... so I guess the show is not intended for people like me... but I watch it anyway... at least until my favs are kicked off... I'm totally digging Siobhan, she is very talented. Didi is likable she will be around for another week. I know it.
It seemed like she handled it well (I just watched the clip not the actual), and I wonder sometimes if they say things on purpose to get people all riled up. Maybe it will motivate people to vote for her so they can tell Simon and crew to shove it. (Can I say that in your comment section? You can delete that part if you want to.)
It was just awight for me, dawg.
I've always had a soft spot for Didi ever since the auditions. I like her a lot. But after seeing people get better each week, I just don't think she's on the same level as, say, Crystal. Didi has great talent, but not enough to win it.
I still love her though. She'll do well.
And Fran, are you always funny?
Post a Comment