Monday, March 22, 2010

Family Outing

On Saturday, we took advantage of the fleeting beautiful spring weather and went to the zoo. It was great!

We saw goats - because everyone knows when you go to a zoo, you want to see the rare and exotic goats...


who were possibly tranquilized (no, not really).

Harper liked them, even if she was a little timid at first.





These little meerkats are probably my favorite animals at the zoo. They're cute and inquisitive and I like that Harper thinks they look like our cat, Sage.


And, they're much nicer than these rude little lemurs who wouldn't even turn around to say hi to us. Whatever.


We also saw some lazy zebras


and a couple rather imposing looking ostriches.


And then there was this guy, who thought he was pretty tough because he could carry a tree trunk around like it was no big deal.


All in all, it was a great day. I'm sure we'll be going back quite a few times this summer.



3 comments:

Kelly said...

How fun!!!! We went to the zoo a lot when the kids were younger. I miss it.

Francy said...

Kelly, you can come to the zoo with us anytime! Guests are free on my zoo pass.

Christina said...

Fun! Zoos always make me nervous, but the kids have such a great time. Eliana has never been...I just realized that!