A couple (mostly Harper related) things for today:
- Harper is in this phase where she wants to know the name for everything. So, she walks around pointing at things and saying "Mommy, name?" It's cute and I'm glad that she's inquisitive, but after the 1 millionth time, it's slightly less cute.
- Keeping in mind the above bullet point... if Harper wants my attention and doesn't get it right away she will call my name and then click her tongue (ie. Mom, Mommy, Mom, click, Moooooommy). I have no idea where she picked that one up. It's great. Let me tell you.
- Harper is starting to talk about monsters these days. At first, she would just hold her baby dolls and tell me they were sad because of monsters. Now, she's starting to be afraid of them. She doesn't want to be the first person to walk into a room, especially if the light is off. I've explained to her that there are no monsters in our house, but she's not buying it. So last night I told her that 1. there are no monsters and 2. if she ever feels scared, she can ask Jesus to help her. This morning, she walked around the house saying "Jesus help me!" and when we pulled out of the driveway she said "Bye monsters. Bye Jesus." Baby steps, right?
- Harper's birthday was a good 3 weeks ago. But every day since then, she has sung happy birthday to herself.
- Finally these are popping up. Thank goodness. I was beginning to lose hope.


4 comments:
Dag, your kid is cute!
Oh G-- this post is still up. Your daughter is hugely cute and has sucked me in to regularly reading this but THIS post I can NOT stand. Oh my G-- - Harper is AFRAID and there might be MONSTERS!! geez when I first read this i wanted to swoop right over and help the poor baby. PLEASE tell me you have ordered monster killer or she is doing better or SOMETHING. I mean its like the world has tilted on its axis and I know i am going to be in HUGE trouble whenever I am blessed to be a grandmother. I seriously didnt come back and read this post for a number of days because it was SO upsetting.
Hi Peacechaser! Thanks for following along with us. I can tell you that Harper is doing well. I think the monster thing may just be a ploy for attention (because clearly she does not get enough attention already!). Hopefully it's just a phase that she will grow out of quickly. I'll keep you posted.
It seems like the daffodils have been bringing a lot of people hope the last few days!
Post a Comment