98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Sometimes I Need A Reminder
Sometimes anxiety hits me out of nowhere. This morning I was thrown into an internal panic over Rob having to take one of our cars into the shop to have a relatively minor repair. But, we just had to get our other car fixed last month, and we owe on our taxes this year, and we still haven't sold our house in Cincinnati, and we need to sell the third car that's sitting in our driveway, and, and, and... Things just snowball in my mind sometimes and it gets me all worked up. I worry about money. Specifically, I worry about not having enough money. But the truth is that we do have enough money and all of the above things will be taken care of. But man, I can say those words to myself and still feel very anxious on the inside. Why is it that I know that God will provide for us (because I've seen Him do it before) and I still fear not having enough? And not only has He provided for us, but He has blessed us with unbelievable gifts. So today I am reminding myself that I am not in charge and that everything is going to be ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is a great reminder...I am a very anxious person. Sometimes I am even worried about the way things MIGHT have gone in previous situations. I get tense and play out a whole scenario (I know. I think there are medications out there for people like me!) and have to stop myself and say,"Get back to reality!" I hope that you can keep giving it to God! I pray that your house sells soon!
Post a Comment