Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wet Feet


This morning, Harper and I had to stop at CVS before going to baby school. It rained a little overnight, so the parking lot was wet. On the way out of the store, Harper laid eyes on the one and only puddle in the parking lot. Before I could stop her, she got a mischievous look on her face, yelled "Ta-Da!", and jumped in with both feet. Water went everywhere. Her shoes and socks were soaked. As I was buckling her into her car seat, she said "Mommy, my shoes wet." - like she was surprised that jumping in a crater of water would result in wet shoes. This is what I'm dealing with. I see a pair of galoshes in our future.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

My mom taught my kids to jump in puddles when they were very little. She told me that's what grandmas are for.

melanie said...

We still jump in puddles on purpose. It's more fun when there's mud in the bottom...
This is a good excuse to buy a super-cute pair of boots for both of you.

Elaine said...

I'm all for puddle jumping - just not right before school. Or at least warn me first so I can have some back up socks on hand.