Harper and I just got back from a quick trip to Cincinnati. Counting my time at Miami University, I spent about 10 years in the greater Cincinnati area. That's one third of my life. Every time I go back, I have this weird deja vu feeling - like I'm home, but I'm totally not home. It messes with my head. I can't say that I loved Cincinnati while I lived there. But now, I find myself really missing the little things about the Queen City that I took for granted. Here are a couple I thought about on the drive home today.
- 90.9 WGUC, Cincinnati's classical public radio station. I really miss listening to classical music on the radio. Nashville, Music City, does not have a dedicated classical music station. That's sad.
- The older established neighborhoods on the west side that have huge perfectly manicured lawns to go with the huge perfectly manicured houses. They're really beautiful and there's some cool history in that part of town.
- Great Lakes Beer. Yes it's from Cleveland not Cincinnati. But, you can get it in Cincinnati and not in Nashville. I brought some back with me.
- My friends. I have a couple awesome friends that I miss dearly. We don't call each other nearly as much as we should, but when we see each other, it's as if nothing has changed.
- My friends' kids. They're pretty awesome. It makes me sad that Harper isn't growing up with them. It's just not right. But, such is life.
5 comments:
awwww sad.... such is life... it's good that we are within driving distance... we love you guys the most and wish Harper the best in her potty training efforts :)
No way you went to Miami-me too!
Peacechaser- Cool! My husband went there too. When did you graduate? You're very mysterious! Let's be friends:)
I dont want to put too much info out on the web like when i graduated-I was the only person with that particular degree that year! Easily identifiable... I checked the folowup box so hopefully you can email me that way.
pc- Good call. I'm not savvy when it comes to technology, so if the follow-up comment thing doesn't work, you can email me at elaine.shelton (at) gmail.com
Post a Comment