Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How She Rolls

Harper's class has been working on learning the alphabet. For every letter they study, they color pictures like this and hang them up on the wall in the classroom.


While I was surveying the class' artwork, I noticed that Harper's picture looked different from all of the other ones. The other kids colored all over the picture - inside the lines, outside the lines, you name it, they colored it. But Harper only filled in the polka dots
(and, as she explained to me, added some of her own dots at the bottom). I have no idea what this means. It just struck me as funny that hers was noticeably different than the other ones.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It used to scare me when all the kids were the same and I found out way later that thats the mark of a poor teacher-so congrats for some originality to both student and teacher.

rob said...

SHE'S A GENIUS!!!

melanie said...

Her marks on the bottom remind me of Jack's artwork. On every picture, there is an area off to the side where he 'tests' his colors until he finds just the right one.

Francy said...

I think she's a genius too.