A couple of my friends have posted this on Facebook and I thought it would be fun to do. The task was to list 15 albums off the top of your head that are meaningful to you. I only came up with 14. I probably could have forced one more, but that misses the point in my opinion. So here's my list in a rough chronological order. Don't judge me.
- Barbra Streisand - Memories: My mom and dad would play this on a huge record player in our living room when I was little.
- Mariah Carey - Mariah Carey: First cd I ever bought. I was about 10. Back then, she was good stuff.
- Tori Amos - Under The Pink: The soundtrack of high school
- U2 - Achtung Baby: Every song on this album is good.
- Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy: My first of many Sarah McLachlan albums
- Nirvana - MTV Unplugged: I didn't like Nirvana until I heard them unplugged.
- Neil Young - Harvest: Hands down one of the best singer/songwriters of all times
- Joni Mitchell - Blue: Her voice is an acquired taste and I love it.
- Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac: One of the best albums of all time
- Radiohead - The Bends: I used to work out to this album. I have no idea why, but it motivated me.
- Coldplay - Parachutes: I love all of Coldplay's stuff, but this is the one that got me hooked.
- John Mayer - Heavier Things: Whatever I may think about John Mayer personally, I can't deny that he makes great music.
- Ray LaMontagne - Trouble: I'm glad there are people out there like him making music.
- Gungor - Beautiful Things: I got this album at the beginning of the summer and I can't stop listening to it.
Ok, your turn. What albums still stick with you?
2 comments:
Kettle Whistle by Jane's Addiction
Under the Table and Dreaming by DMB
any album by Cake
Pinkerton by Weezer
Return of Saturn by No Doubt
Redemptions Son by Joseph Arthur
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb by U2
American Idiot by Green Day
I think if you add up all the Cake albums that would make 15. I think.
Yellowsnapper- I love Jane's Addiction and Under the Table and Dreaming almost made my list too!
Post a Comment