I was watching the History Channel's documentary about the 9-11 attacks when Harper woke up from her nap. She came downstairs just as they were showing footage of the towers collapsing.
She watched it and then said, "Mom, what happened to those buildings?"
That's a tough one to answer.
4 comments:
It sure is. My kids were only 2 and 3 when it happened. This the first year I said anything about it to them. I told them people that hate the US crashed planes into the buildings to kill people. "On purpose?" Jonathan asked. "Yep" I said. "That's stupid."
"Yeah, pretty much."
End of conversation.
I just told her that mean people knocked the buildings down because they didn't like what they stood for. I left out the whole airplane thing because we fly a fair amount and I don't want her to develop a fear of flying.
My oldest daughter was Harper's age when this happened and she asked some very hard questions too. I think you answered it perfectly. I was also 8 months pregnant with my younges at the time. I remember crying alot.
Anonymous -Thanks for the comment. I cried a lot too - and I wasn't even pregnant!
Post a Comment