98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Monday, September 20, 2010
These Are The Days Of The Week
Harper learned this song at school a couple weeks ago and has been singing it non-stop ever since. Rob and I even find ourselves singing it. I think it may be rotting our brains. Being a parent is difficult sometimes.
The move at the end is totally awesome. :) There is a song to that same tune, called "Found a Peanut", that is so obnoxious that the Director at the camp I went to and was a counselor at banned it from being sung. Of course it was still sung quite regularly, but if you dared to do it, you were thrown into the creek, which was about 60 degrees. :)
2 comments:
What's really bad is when you find yourself singing their songs when they aren't even around.
The move at the end is totally awesome. :)
There is a song to that same tune, called "Found a Peanut", that is so obnoxious that the Director at the camp I went to and was a counselor at banned it from being sung. Of course it was still sung quite regularly, but if you dared to do it, you were thrown into the creek, which was about 60 degrees. :)
Post a Comment