98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Snow day
The bad news:
This morning, our neighbor took out our mailbox. What you can't appreciate from this picture is that the road is a solid sheet of ice.
Fun, fun! I think it's wonderful that there's snow. We had snow last year, around Christmas, and a dusting on Christmas Day. This year we'll be in Florida, so...probably no snow. :)
3 comments:
I love little kids in snowsuits. The snow is pretty, but I can take a picture so it can all go away now :)
Awww, I like the giant Merry Christmas!
Fun, fun! I think it's wonderful that there's snow. We had snow last year, around Christmas, and a dusting on Christmas Day. This year we'll be in Florida, so...probably no snow. :)
Post a Comment