I really made a concerted effort this Christmas to talk to Harper about Jesus and the true meaning of the season. We read lots of books about the Christmas story. We sang lots of songs about the Christmas story. Harper even got a nativity set to play with. Well, all of that talking, reading, singing and playing must have rubbed off.
Since Christmas, Harper has been obsessed with Mary. She wants me to call her Mary. She even takes her baby dolls and puts them under her shirt and tells me that she is going to have a baby and name him Jesus. One of the more common manifestations of her obsession is her "Mary Hat". She puts her blanket over her head and proudly announces that she is wearing her Mary Hat.
All of this is fine and good. I'm glad to know she's listening to me when I talk to her about Jesus. 99% of the time I think it's cute. But that 1% of the time when we're at the grocery store and she pulls her baby doll out from under her shirt and tells the deli counter lady that she's Mary and this is her baby Jesus...that makes me a little uncomfortable.

4 comments:
Sorry, but that last part made me laugh. Kids are good at making their parents uncomfortable.
Haha! Wow, she'd make a good Catholic!
At least she's a little girl...can you imagine if you had a son who was doing that? :)
"like"
Post a Comment