Dear Harper,
3? Really? It just can't be. Yesterday, you looked like this.
Today, this.
Slow down. I can't keep this pace up.
You've had a big year filled with lots of firsts - first trip to Disney World, first swimming lesson, first pony ride, first dance lesson. You pack a lot into a year.
I think we can call this past year your pink period because of your love of all things pink and girly. From the tutus that you insist on wearing to school (and to bed), to the sparkley princess lip gloss that often shellacks your lips (and/or face, hands, etc), it's official. You're a girly girl.
And like any good girly girl, you have a strong connection with baby dolls. It's fun to watch you play "big sister" as you like to call it, although when you announce to people that you are the big sister, I often have some explaining to do as you are still an only child as of now. In any case, I love watching you read your babies stories and change their diapers. You are so nurturing and sweet with them. It makes me proud.
I am also proud of how quick witted you are. You have some of the best one-liners. Your expression of choice at the moment is "Actually..." as in "Actually, 3 year olds get to eat candy before they go to bed." and "Actually, the cat likes it when I pull her ears." You say it with such authority, that I'm half tempted to go along with you.
I guess I'm in shock that you're already 3 because I really can't remember life before you came along. I know I must have been doing something for those first 28 years, but it pales in comparison to the last 3. Every day is an adventure with you. You're continually pulling and stretching my heart to make it big enough to hold all of the love that I have for you. I am so proud of the young lady that you are and I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for you.
Happy Birthday!
Love,
Mom


5 comments:
That was SO sweet! You are such a good Mommy.
So cute! Happy Birthday to the little girl!
Awww, Happy Birthday Harper!
Love this!! What a great idea!
That was wonderful!! She is just gorgeous :-)
Post a Comment