Every night for the past 2 weeks or so, Harper crawls out of her bed and tiptoes into our room and scares the pants off of me. I'm about 93% sure she doesn't mean to scare me. She just wants to tell me that she's getting up to go to the potty. Don't get me wrong. I'm super happy that she knows enough to get up and go to the potty in the middle of the night. I'm just not sure why she feels the need to announce it.
Another thing that's kind of scaring the pants off of me these days is the little fibs that have started popping up. For instance, this morning Harper wanted to go outside and ride her bike before we went to school. It was raining and we just didn't have time for bike riding, so I told her no. Without batting an eyelash, she said "My daddy lets me ride my bike all the way to school." My response was "I think that sounds like a fib." To which she responded by crumpling up in a pile on the floor and crying. I'm pretty sure she was crying because I called her on the fib and not because she couldn't ride her bike. It seems a little early for fibs, but then again she has always been ahead of the curve...
She slept in this tutu last night. When I was getting her dressed this morning, she said "Mom, can I please wear this tutu to school? It's not stinky." Sounded like a well thought out argument to me.



4 comments:
This made me laugh because Levi definitely tells little fibs pretty often actually. Whatever it takes to carry out his agenda....LMBO.
Aw yes, the joys of a 3 year old.
Sometimes with little kids that kind of "fib" is just a kind of fanasizing, unless it sounded like she was saying that to get you to let her ride her bike. Otherwise, it might be wishful thinking/day dreaming.
Eliana definitely says things that aren't true in a particular (given, whatever) situation in order to make things go her way. They think we are fools! haha
Post a Comment