98% of the human genome is noncoding DNA. Termed junk DNA, this vast majority of all human DNA has no known biological function. Why would we have so much nonfunctional genetic material? Are these the instructions for superpowers that are waiting to be tapped or are they really just junk left over from millions of years of modification? I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for superpowers.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Wild Turkey
You never know what kind of wildlife you're going to encounter in the greater Nashville area. Harper and I saw this rafter of wild turkeys on the way to the gym on Saturday morning. I would have gotten closer, but they seemed a little territorial and I prefer to run on a treadmill as opposed to an open field. If you want the "up close" experience, click on the picture for a larger version.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
When I saw the title, I thought this was going to be a post on bourbon. Maybe next time...
I thought the same things as Fran. Cool picture!
Post a Comment