Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Working Mom's Lament

Bright and early tomorrow morning, I am heading up to Cincinnati for a few days to attend a work conference. Part of me is very much looking forward to seeing old friends and hearing good science. But, part of me is also sad because I am going to miss Harper's very first dance recital on Saturday.

Luckily, Harper has an awesome dad who is going to assume the role of stage dad while I'm gone (and by the way, did you know that he changed every single one of Harper's diapers while we stayed in the hospital after she was born? Well, he did and I'm going to remember that fact when he tells me he gave her candy for breakfast...).

Don't feel too bad for me, though. I take her to her dance lesson every week and I've seen her routine dozens of times. Tonight was group picture night (I'll post it next week). They also got to do a dress rehearsal run though of their dance for all of the parents. I think Harper got a little distracted by all of the flashing cameras. But, she's still the best dancing princess as far as I'm concerned.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Beautiful dancing princess. I love the facial expressions! Will you be at VWS Sunday?

Francy said...

ohmygosh --so precious! I hope I get to see you this weekend!