Oh yeah and by the way, Rob has been finding snake skins in our yard.
And (unbeknownst to me) he has seen alive snakes in our yard too!
Not cool.
Now I'm not going to lie. I didn't really like the dog next door. It barked All. The. Time. Come to think of it, it has been quieter than normal lately...Sorry. That was mean. I guess if i had to pick between the dog and a snake, I'd pick the dog. But just barely.
Anyway, back to the snake... Needless to say, I'm not venturing out into our yard until winter.

4 comments:
I like snakes but not the poisonous ones. Is your cat and outdoor cat?
No, our cat is an indoor cat who likes to intimidate birds by meowing at them through the window. She's pretty tough like that. But not snake tough.
I've almost stepped on a water moccasin a couple of times in my youth. They are no fun. I think their poison may dissolve flesh. Probably the bad news for the dog is that the owners didn't know he had been bitten or by what.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agkistrodon_piscivorus#Venom
Yeah, I have no issue with snakes as long as they are NOT the kind that can kill me. Only thing I can suggest is to keep your yard cut very low. Not even sure that would work, but a yard with no hidey places might make your yard unattractive to a snake.
Post a Comment