Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fair Rides and Fair Fries

On Saturday, I took Harper to the Williamson County fair. All in all, it was a pretty dinky fair - nowhere near the caliber of the Canfield Fair. Those of you who still live close enough to go to the Canfield Fair, you do not know how lucky you are. This fair didn't even have any good fair fries! Can you imagine? 

Although I was a little disappointed, Harper had a great time riding the rides. 

Until that day, she had never been on a carnival ride so we started out slowly with the caterpillar and bear. 



Then we hit up the bee and elephant. 


Look at the humoring fake smiles she was able to muster.


It was at this point when she politely asked me to put the camera away...


which I agreed to until she decided to brave the roller coaster. She'd been eying it all day and after a quick ice cream break she was ready to tackle it. 

The first hill

White knuckling it

Looking slightly more under control

Maybe a hint of a smile

Although it may not have looked like it, she enjoyed every minute of that ride. So much so, that she didn't want to get off when it was over. The lady running it had to unbuckle her seat belt and lift her out.

Overall, this trip to the fair was pretty fun. I enjoyed watching Harper be adventurous (did you notice that she instinctively sat closest to the front on the roller coaster? All of the other kids wanted to sit in the middle or the back. Amateurs.). It also became clear to me that we will need to go on a family pilgrimage back to Ohio so that we can go to the Canfield Fair. I don't think it's going to happen this year. But next year, look out. I'm coming for you, fair fries!

1 comment:

lauriecooper said...

She's grown so much. I surely miss her.